PARTICIPANT RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- Participation. Participant does hereby give their consent to participation in activities related to the Course, including being involved in recorded conversations related to the Course that may result in certain publicly viewable videos, audio recordings, and written discussions of such conversations.
- Photographic Release. Participant understands and acknowledges that his/her appearance, voice, and image may appear in certain photographs, and video and audio recordings related to the Course. Participant hereby grants and conveys to Company all right, title, and interest in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of the Participant or his or her likeness or voice made by Company in connection with the Participant’s involvement in Course activities, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
- Assumption of Risk. Participant understands that the activities surrounding the Course and which the Participant is involved in may include activities that are inherently risky to the Participant, including but not limited to discussions and conversations around traumatic events and other challenging personal subject matters. This course is not a substitution for psychological services. I understand that demos facilitated during trainings are not intended to be a replacement for psychotherapy sessions or medical care but to provide educational information within the context of the specific class offered. I understand that this course is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure physical or mental illness. I will not receive therapy as part of this course. I also understand that the instruction and advice presented by teachers, and any other associated third parties are not meant to be used in place of professional medical advice. Such conversations are not and shall never be considered “therapy”, as that term is commonly understood, and as such, Company does not hold itself out as a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or other related fields, whether licensed or otherwise. Participant hereby expressly assumes the risk of injury or harm of the Participant from these activities and releases Company from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from these activities. I understand that it is my responsibility to take care when determining my ability to do any physical movements or exercises recommended in this course. If I have any concerns whether a movement class or exercise is suitable for me or if I have a particular injury or condition that may impact my ability to do any movement or exercise recommended in this program, I will consult my physician before beginning my movement practice.
- Release & Discharge. Participant hereby and forever discharges and holds harmless Company and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the activities as a participant in the Course, including claims arising out of negligence. Participant understands and acknowledges that this Release discharges Company from any liability or claim that Participant may have against Company with respect to mental injury, bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the Participant’s involvement in the Course activities.
In consideration for being allowed to participate, I hereby release and forever discharge the Company, teachers, employees, affiliates, representatives, and any associated third parties (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, liabilities, obligations, disputes, damages, and causes of action, known or unknown, that exist or may arise as a result of my participation in this program, including, but not limited to, any claims for negligence, personal injury, death or damage to person or property, or loss sustained as a result of my participation in the movement classes, in-person events (including my travel to and from such events), and online learning programs, or arising out of, or in connection with, the use of any services or facilities and the venues used for classes and events, to the fullest extent allowable by law.
I understand that the Company reserves the right to terminate my participation in this program without a refund if my behavior violates the terms or agreements laid out in this Agreement or if they, at their sole discretion, deem me unfit to participate. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Released Parties and the program harmless from any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorney fees, arising from or relating to my use of the program and or any services that I provide.
- Other. Participant expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. The parties to this Release agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By registering for this course, Participant expresses their understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability knowingly and voluntarily.